One for a great night in, easy to make and full of Italian flavour.
- bought fresh pasta (tagliatelle)
- 1 leek
- 4/5 cloves of garlic
- diced bacon
- 0.5 tub of garlic and herb cream cheese
- 0.5 cup milk
- carton of cream
- cashel blue cheese
- for garlic bread:
- 1 fresh baguette
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil add pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and add some black pepper and a knob of butter stir well and set aside.
- In a large frying pan saute the bacon, leeks, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add pasta and stir well. Add extra seasoning if required.
- In a saucepan melt the cream cheese in milk, when mixed without lumps add cream and stir well, slowly crumble cashel blue cheese into mixture stiring all the time,until mixture is successfully combined.
- *Add Cashel Blue to personal taste!
- Add cheese sauce to pasta and fold in well.
- Serve with some fresh chives to garnish and 2 pieces of garlic bread.
- Slice some baguette, add crushed garlic to butter mix and spread generously on bread on both sides. Grill and serve with pasta.