A tasty, filling meal the whole family can enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4). Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly sear the chops for a minute or so on each side until golden brown, then place in an ovenproof dish, side by side. Season.
- Add the butter to the pan and once melted, stir in the shallots and cook for a couple of minutes until softened, stirring.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and season to taste, then sauté for another few minutes until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Pour the sherry into the pan and allow to bubble up, then stir in the crème fraiche until just heated through.
- Spoon over the pork chops and bake for 20 minutes until the pork chops are completely cooked through.
- Serve the dish straight to the table and have bowls of boiled potatoes and green beans to hand around separately.
Recipe courtesy of Bord Bia.