This vegetarian dish combines fresh vegetables with a tasty homemade curry sauce.
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 tray of baby sweet corn (halved)
- 1 cup small button mushrooms (cleaned)
- 200 g cubed tofu
For the curry sauce:
1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder -madras style
- 2 small chillies
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (chopped very finely)
- a small knob of ginger (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/2 an onion (diced small)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (or dried)
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves (preferably thai basil)
- 1 tblsp tamarind pulp concentrate
- salt and white pepper
- Lightly fry the onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli for 2 minutes or so on a medium heat.
- Add the curry powder, seasoning bay leaves tamarind and the coconut milk.
- Add the vegetables, just holding back on the softer veg, and adding them (cauliflower, sweet corn) till the remaining have being cooking for 5 minutes.
- Then add the rest for another 5 to 10 minutes along with the basil leaves and the cubed tofu.
- Serve alongside jasmine rice.
Recipe courtesy of Cathy Maguire.