Award-winning broadcaster Joe Duffy talks to the RTÉ Guide's Janice Butler about providing a platform for the powerless. Read our sneak peek of the interview below.
"It bothers me when people say I’m naïve. I’m not naïve, I live in this country, I’ve three young kids, I’ve been a social worker, I’ve been a probation officer, I’ve travelled the country making Gay Byrne a household name; that was a chore!" he laughs.
"My mother always said to me: ‘You’re never as good as they say you are and you’re never as bad as they say you are. And don’t lose the run of yourself.’ I live by that."
Elsewhere in the RTÉ Guide:
- Anna Nolan The popular presenter chats to Andrea Byrne about life behind the camera
- Aoife Hearne The Operation Transformation expert talks motherhood, diet and tough love
- Home of the Year New judge Patrick Bradley talks about his own incredible home, which he built from shipping containers
- Neven Maguire His new series of Irish Food Trails celebrates the best produce in the land. He
- talks to Donal O’Donoghue.
- Nathalie Stutzmann Nancy Previs catches up with the RTÉ NSO’s principal guest conductor
- Allison Janney Michael Doherty chats to the Oscar-nominated actress