TV presenter Ant McPartlin has been charged with drink driving following a traffic collision last Sunday.
A statement from the Metropolitan Police in London said: "A man has been charged following a road traffic collision in Lower Richmond Road, SW14 that occurred on Sunday, 18 March.
"Anthony McPartlin, 42 (18.11.75) of Chiswick has been charged by postal requisition on Wednesday, 21 March with drink driving.
"He will appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on 4 April."
Earlier on Wednesday, it was announced that Declan Donnelly will host Saturday Night Takeaway without McPartlin when the show returns on Saturday, March 31.
Earlier this week it was confirmed that the show will not air this weekend as McPartlin undergoes further treatment. The decision follows the TV presenter's arrest on suspicion of drink driving in London on Sunday.
"We can confirm that Saturday Night Takeaway, presented by Declan Donnelly, will return to ITV on March 31, and the series finale will be taking place at Universal Orlando Resort in Florida a week later," an ITV spokesperson said.
Donnelly further confirmed the news in a statement on the duo's official Twitter page: "Whilst I never thought I'd be in this position, after much discussion and careful consideration we've decided that the remaining two shows of this series of Saturday Night Takeaway will go ahead."
McPartlin was released on Tuesday following his arrest under suspicion of drink driving on Sunday evening in London, with police continuing the investigation.
This is the latest in a string of setbacks for the presenter. McPartlin entered rehab last year after struggling with an addiction to painkillers following a knee operation in 2015.
He returned to screens in November for I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! and jokingly mentioned his rehab stint on air.
At the National Television Awards a few days after the split, McPartlin referred to his "tough year" while picking up the presenting prize with Donnelly.