With the marraige referendum passed & soon will be written into law, weddings are very much centre stage in the nation's psyche & John is joined in studio this morning by hotelier Noel Cunningham & journalist Alanna Gallagher on the do's & don'ts of this most important event.
We are also joined on the line by Marian Purcell of www.gayweddingsireland.ie
Now we hear stories of hard it is to make it in the music business, not only our next guest has been there, seen that & wore the t-shirt, he has also written a song about life at the rock coalface.
Nick Kelly speaks to John before performing a track called Break America with the rest of the members of Alien Crew.
Last week we heard about lucky escapes our listeners had & this morning we share Alan Egan's dramatic story. Alan joins John on the line from Spain.
We are rejoined by Oscar McHale with his mini class in all things ancient pertaining to Greece & Rome.
From Stratford College in Rathgar, 16 year old Oscar has been looking at the influence of the classics in film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Talent must be emerging rather than established. Open to those who have not received considerable air-play and/or exposure. Entrants must also normally be resident in the 32 counties.
2. It is open to all musical genres like punk, pop, rock ‘n’ roll, folk, country, electronic, compositional etc.
3. A backline and sound engineer will be provided by the Saturday Night Show on the night of the winning performance, May 30, but the winning act will provide their own instruments and drum kit. The winning act will look after their own expenses on the night of the Saturday Night Show performance.
4. The act must be available to perform on the John Murray Show on Friday, May 29th and on the Saturday Night Show on Saturday, May 30th.
5. How do I enter?
All entries are by email only and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What should my entry include?
Your email should include a short description (maximum 100 words) of the musician or band, a contact mobile phone number and ONE audio file attachment. The audio filename should contain the band/musician name and composition title. The entry should also include a photo of act of approximately 1Mb.
Only original work will be considered – no covers or samples. Due to a high volume of entries we cannot give individual feedback on music received.
7. Which type audio files should I send?
Audio files must be sent in high-quality audio, preferably stereo and of as high a production standard as possible as this track is what will be played on the John Murray Show on RTE Radio One. MP3 (192kbps or higher) files only will be accepted. No other file types should be entered as they will not be accepted. Tracks should be no longer than 3’30” in duration.
8. Can I enter more than once?
No. One entry is sufficient.
9. Deadline for submission?
Get your music in ASAP. Deadline for submissions is 12 noon, Friday, May 8th.
Presenter: John Murray