RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition is open to people over 18 years of age born or resident in Ireland.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entries, in Irish or English, must be the original work of the author. They cannot be under consideration elsewhere and must not have been previously published (including online) or broadcast.
- Entries should be written in the knowledge that each of the short-listed stories will be read on air. It is therefore advisable to avoid excessive use of strong language.
- Stories must be between 1,800 and 2,000 words in length and the word count must be displayed clearly on each entry. Stories outside this word range will not be considered.
- Entries should be double-spaced and typewritten on one side only of A4 paper.
- The author’s name should only appear on the accompanying entry form.
- The author is advised to retain a copy of his/her entry as RTÉ cannot return scripts.
- Entries will be accepted from Monday 7th March 2016 until Friday 27th May 2016. The winners will be announced in Autumn 2016.
- The decision of the judges is final and RTÉ cannot enter into correspondence concerning the merits of any entry.
- Each submission should be sent/delivered in an A4 envelope and accompanied by a completed entry form to:
RTÉ RADIO 1 SHORT STORY COMPETITION
RTÉ RADIO CENTRE,