RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition is open to people over 18 years of age born or resident in Ireland.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entries, in Irish or English, must be the original work of the author. Entries must not be under consideration elsewhere, and must not have been previously broadcast or published (including online).
- Stories must be between 1,800 and 2,000 words in length. Please indicate word length under the title.
- Entries should be written in the knowledge that each of the short-listed stories will be read on air. It is therefore advisable to avoid excessive use of strong language.
- Please do not quote from copyrighted material e.g. song lyrics, literature, scripts.
- Entries should be typed, double-spaced on one side only of A4 paper, with pages numbered.
- The author’s name should only appear on the accompanying entry form.
- The author is advised to retain a copy of their entry as RTÉ cannot return scripts.
- Entries will be accepted from Tuesday 3 January to Friday 31 March, 2017. The winners will be announced before the end of September 2017.
- The judges’ decision is final. RTÉ cannot enter into correspondence concerning any entry.
- Employees of RTÉ are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Each submission should be sent in an A4 envelope, accompanied by an entry form to:
RTÉ RADIO 1 SHORT STORY COMPETITION,
RTÉ RADIO CENTRE,