RTÉ lyric fm is delighted to announce our annual competition which celebrates community, amateur choral music making from all around the island of Ireland.
If you would like to be involved in Ireland's largest choral competition - send in a recording of your choir singing one festive choral work of your own choice by Friday 1st December. A selection of submissions will be chosen for airplay on RTÉ lyric fm each weekday from 8th December in a special Choirs for Christmas feature presented by Evelyn Grant.
All entrants will be published online so you can get a taste of the wealth of choral making around the country while also hearing new and traditional repertoire.
- All choirs - school, college, amateur and semi-professional - choral societies and chamber choirs are welcome to enter
- All music entries must be in MP3 format only and submitted by e-mail only
- No other format will be accepted
- Please ensure the recording is suitable for airplay, requires no editing and shows the choir at their best!
- Please note by submitting your entry you are agreeing to RTÉ lyric fm publishing all details submitted
- Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
(1) A correctly labelled MP3 recording (Please save the MP3 with the full name of the choir, town and county i.e. St Brigid’s National School Choir, Castlebar, Co.Mayo)
(2) A high-res jpeg picture of the choir
(3) A short choir biography
(4) Details of the piece performed including title and composer and / or arranger
(5) Please submit details of any additional instrumentalists in the recording i.e. accompanist
(6) Full contact details for the choir director
(7) Mobile phone number
(8) Postal address
(9) E-mail address
(10) Ensure you attach all the above details in one email - incomplete entries or multiple emails with incomplete details will be deemed invalid
Finally get your entry in by Closing Date: Friday 1st December 12 noon by sending in all the above details to: email@example.com
- BEST OVERALL CHOIR : €750
- BEST OVERALL RUNNERS UP: €200
- BEST YOUTH CHOIR: €200
- BEST COMMUNITY / CHORAL SOCIETY CHOIR: €200
- BEST PRIMARY SCHOOL CHOIR: €200
- BEST SECONDARY SCHOOL CHOIR: €200
- BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE RTÉ LYRIC FM CHORAL COMMISSION*: €200
*Download a PDF of the full score of Sebastian Adams’ new Christmas Choral Commission: Self-Portrait on a Christmas Morning (for children's choir with optional alarm clocks)
For further details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org