The final moments as the series 'Newsbeat' ends after seven years. Frank Hall tries to wrap up the final 'Newsbeat' as the set is removed from around him.
- Title The Final Newsbeat
- 1st Broadcast 11/06/1971
- ContributorFrank Hall (Presenter)
George Devlin (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:02:08
- Material Type Video
- Series title Newsbeat
- Clip title Newsbeat Ends After 7 Years
- Extended description
Presenters George Devlin and Frank Hall at the 'Newsbeat' newsdesk. Reporters Michael Ryan, Cathal O'Shannon and a third reporter (possibly John Condon) stand drinking at a bar in a studio set. Charlie Roberts, floor manager arrives in and wraps up programme, Frank Hall tries to conclude the programme as people remove the set.
Frank Hall walks across the studio floor past the different sets to the studio bar set and the original back drop is changed from 'Newsbeat' to '7 Days'.
'Newsbeat' was a half hour feature programme which ran on television from Monday to Friday from September 1964 to June 1971. Reporting on stories from around the country, 'Newsbeat' covered affairs of the day with contributions from print journalists and RTÉ news staff.
- Local keywords Television, Television Production, Television Studios, Television Cameras, Camera Man, Newsbeat, RTÉ, Broadcasting, Floor Manager, Frank Hall, Michael Ryan, John Condon, Charlie Roberts, Cathal O'Shannon, George Devlin, 1970s
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre News
- Topic The Media
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1971
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier 96D01465
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Original language English (eng)
First Eurovision Win For Ireland
Broadcast - 23/03/1970
Clip Length - 00:01:56
Advent of Colour Television
Broadcast - 03/04/1971
Clip Length - 00:05:20
Newsbeat Ends After 7 Years
Broadcast - 11/06/1971
Clip Length - 00:02:08
Exact Dead Centre of Ireland
Broadcast - 29/09/1971
Clip Length - 00:04:41
Political Censorship Section 31
Broadcast - 05/10/1971
Clip Length - 00:01:28