While the Minister for Finance delivered his budget in Dáil Eireann, noisy protests were taking place outside with a number of groups there to voice their anger at the budget measures.
- Title Budget 2011 Protests Outside Leinster House
- 1st Broadcast 07/12/2010
- ContributorJoe Mag Raollaigh (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:08
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Noisy Protests On Budget Day
- Extended description
One man was arrested after staging his own protest using a mobile crane. The man spent an hour high above the gates of Leinster House in a cherry picker. He was charged with dangerous driving. Later a noisy demonstration with representatives from various groups opposing the budget measures took place.
A RTÉ News report by Joe Mag Raollaigh on 7 December 2010.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, 2011, Budget, Brian Lenihan, Demonstrations, Politics, Economics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2010
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN10/341
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 16:9 (widescreen)
- Language used English (eng)
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes