Phil Hogan talks to reporter Peter Cluskey following his resignation from government.
- Title Phil Hogan On His Resignation
- 1st Broadcast 10/02/1995
- ContributorPeter Cluskey (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:02:51
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Interview With Phil Hogan
- Extended description
Having cleared his desk at the Department of Finance, just 24 hours after announcing his resignation, Phil Hogan talks to RTÉ reporter Peter Cluskey.
Opposition parties described Hogan as 'the fall guy' for a series of government budget leaks. Hogan tells Cluskey that he has no regrets about his decision to resign. He comments that "My only concern in all of this was to ensure that the integrity of the government was intact." Hogan goes on to describe the Taoiseach as a "very honest and decent man".
Ruari Quinn and Bertie Ahern also comment on the events. An Taoiseach, John Bruton, says that ministers in this new government are willing to accept responsibility for their actions and will not hide behind civil servants.
Phil Hogan now takes his place on the government back benches.
A RTÉ News report by Peter Cluskey on the resignation of Phil Hogan. This report was broadcast on 10 February 1995.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, 1995, Budget, Phil Hogan, Peter Cluskey, Ruari Quinn, Bertie Ahern, John Bruton, Politics, Economics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1995
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN95/041
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970 : Budget Without A Minister
- 1976 : Minister for Hardship
- 1980 : Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982 : VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984 : "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987 : 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991 : First Televised Budget
- 1992 : Bertie's First Budget
- 1995 : Rainbow Budget
- 2000 : Giveaway Budget
- 2004 : Decentralisation
- 2007 : A Generous Package
- 2011 : The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012 : Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes