John Hume welcomes the decision to grant one man, one vote, but questions who is in control of the Unionist Party.
- Title Hume on Vote
- 1st Broadcast 23/04/1969
- Clip Duration 00:00:58
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Hume Welcomes Vote But Questions Unionist Commitment
- Extended description
'One man, one vote' is one of the major demands of the civil rights movement and is therefore welcome. The report ends with Hume commenting that "the Unionist Party is incapable of living with democracy".
RTÉ News reports on the reaction of John Hume to the introduction of 'one man, one vote' broadcast on 23 April 1969.
- Local keywords Northern Ireland 1969, One Man One Vote, John Hume, Unionist Party, Civil Rights Movement, Northern Ireland, 1969
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Belfast
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N1901/0069I
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)