As part of RTE does Comic Relief our amazing pro-dancers will take it in turns to teach you a section of choreography that will build every day creating one spectacular routine for a very special night of television on Friday, June 26th when Ireland will raise more than a smile to support our charity sector.
There will be five dance tutorials and we want you to learn the full routine and share your performances with us on your socials using #DWTSComicRelief. You could even find yourself on the telly as part of the final performance.
Let's get dancing!
Terms & Conditions
1. If you are under 18 then please get your parent or guardian's permission before sharing your video on social media (which for purposes of posting the videos is limited to Facebook and Instagram). If you are under 18 and submit a video, if we want to use it we will get in touch with you and ask you to provide your parent or guardian's email address and phone number so that we can check with them that you have their consent to share your video. If there is a group of you in the video we want to use then we will need to contact a parent or guardian for each person in the video who is under 18.
2. If you want to tell us about yourself in your video, please only include your first name and the county, that you live in. If you include any more personal information than this then unfortunately, we may not be able to use your video.
3. Please film your videos in landscape on your phone or other recording device so that we can use them on television.
4. A selection of the videos submitted may be featured (in full or in edited versions as may be decided by on RTÉ) on RTÉ 'Comic Relief’ television programme and/or social media accounts (including YouTube) and/or the RTÉ website. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of any contribution. You understand and agree that you won’t be paid for your contribution.
5. No obscene, indecent or in any other way offensive content will be considered.
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with RTÉ using the hashtags #DWTSComicRelief and #RTEComicRelief agree to grant to the RTÉ, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide for RTÉ (including on the RTÉ site accessed by international users), for purposes in perpetuity (forever).
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that the RTÉ can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any copyright or Irish laws, that you have the right to give RTÉ permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution (or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 18) to you submitting the video of them to us.
9. For the videos, we sometimes show your first name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible. RTÉ may need to contact you for administrative or verification purposes in relation to your contribution, or in relation to particular projects. The details you send us will not be used for anything other than this promotion. For details on how we may contact you or handle your data please see Privacy Statement below.
10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with RTÉ.
11. If you are creating content for #DWTSComicRelief please ensure that you do so on your property and using a large, level space with no people, trip hazards or breakable objects in the way and no risk of hurting yourself if you fall over. Please only undertake this challenge if you are fit and well to do so. It is not advisable to attempt this challenge while under the influence of alcohol.
12. Please ensure that, when creating and filming your contribution, you comply with current government coronavirus guidance which can be found at: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/472f64-covid-19-coronavirus-guidance-and-advice/
13. You agree that RTÉ will not be liable to You for any personal injury or property damage You suffer when you’re providing the contribution, unless such injury/damage is caused directly by the RTÉ’s negligence.
14. If you do not want to grant RTÉ the permission set out above on these terms, please do not send us your video. We do not guarantee that we will use your submission.
15. If you have any questions about contributing content to RTÉ, please see our FAQs
16. You agree that RTÉ can share your content with the production company, Shinawil, for the purpose of this project only.
Comic Relief is produced by RTÉ. We are responsible for handling personal data you provide, including your contribution, in accordance with data protection law. We have a legitimate interest in using your contribution and associated personal data, such as your name and location, for journalistic, artistic and literary purposes. We intend to keep your contribution in perpetuity. If your contribution is not used, we will delete your personal data after broadcast of the programme.
We will ask you to provide us with the contact details of the parent/guardian of anyone under 18 that appears in your contribution (including you). This will enable us to verify with the relevant parent/guardian that they consent to their child’s personal data being given to us. We will use their contact details for this purpose only and we will retain this personal data for three months.