Munster have to be braced for a Connacht backlash in this Friday's Interpro against Connacht in Galway, according to assistant coach Mike Prendergast.
The province picked up their first win of the BKT United Rugby Championship last Saturday with a 21-5 win against Zebre at Musgrave Park, but still appear to be struggling to gel together under the new coaching team.
And while Munster have been unconvincing, they've at least got off the mark with a win and two losing bonus-points, unlike Connacht, who are bottom of the table, without a single point from their defeats to Ulster, Stormers and Bulls.
Friday night's game will be Connacht's first at home this season, and their first on the new 4G surface at the Sportsground.
Andy Friend's side handed Munster a chastening defeat when the sides last met in Galway on New Year's Day, and Prendergast believes their neighbours will have circled this game in the diary in recent weeks.
"I'm sure the place will be rocking on Friday night, and they'll look at it as a good opportunity for them," he said.
"If you look at the fixtures for them, the last few weeks have been challenging. The have had challenging games, but they've been away together, which is a good thing at the start of a season, bringing people together for two weeks.
"We know it'll be a big challenge. They'll come out at 100%, gunning, and we will too.
"We're disappointed, we know better than anyone that we came up short over the last number of weeks. There's an element of bedding in new systems, but we know we need to get better, and that's how we're looking at this game, but we know it'll be a big challenge."
We need your consent to load this comcast-player contentWe use comcast-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Darren Cave and Eddie O'Sullivan analysed Connacht's defensive problems on Against The Head
Having been held scoreless in the second half of their last two games, head coach Graham Rowntree last week lamented their poor handling which has seen them fail to take advantage of try-scoring opportunities.
And while Prendergast says it's been a big are of focus for them this week, he doesn't believe it comes from a lack of confidence, but rather an unfamiliarity in their team selections.
"I don't know if it's a confidence thing, again this isn't looking for excuses, because we take responsibility as coaches and players, but in terms of combinations we've used 41 players in three games.
"We have the adjustment of players getting used to each other, new plays, new framework in place, so there's that element to it.
"We sat down with a very honest and open video on Monday, and looked at those areas, and we've been working on them and putting them in place to be better for the next training and next match."
And the former Racing 92 coach says he can slowly see his side's attack coming together. The next step is taking advantage of the chances they create.
"We obviously review every training session and we show how we can get better so we can prepare ourselves for the game.
"And then in the games, absolutely far from perfect, but we do see shape and it’s just about that, just being a small bit more connected, but that comes as well with playing regularly together in your different combinations.
"We are a small bit off that. We are inaccurate and we’re the first to admit that but I suppose on Monday and the previous weeks, we’ve come in and looked at the opportunities that we’ve created, why we haven’t taken them and that’s what we work on during the week, to try and put that into place, that when the next opportunity comes up you’re ready for it."
In a boost for Munster, Gavin Coombes and Jean Kleyn will both be available for selection. Coombes is yet to feature this season due to a groin injury, while Kleyn missed last week's win against Zebre due to concussion.
In worrying news, however, back row Alex Kendellen has been stood down for the coming weeks, having met with a concussion specialist last week. The 21-year-old suffered a brain injury in the opening round defeat to Cardiff, and while he has completed his return to play protocols, the province say he will take time out and be monitored over the coming weeks.
Kendellen was removed from games twice in the second half of last season for head injury assessments.
Watch Leinster v Cell C Sharks in the URC on RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player on Saturday from 4.45pm.