There were two club hurling county finals to be decided this Sunday, with Kilkenny and Kerry having deciders, as well as the Ulster SHC final taking place and a Munster SHC quarter-final.

Lester Ryan was the hero for Clara as his goal secured only their second ever Kilkenny SHC title with 1-15 to 2-10 victory over Carrickshock at Nowlan Park.

Ryan blasted home four minutes from time giving Clara a 1-14 to 2-09 lead before points were knocked over at each end as Clara added to their only previous title won in 1986.

It was honours even at half-time with the sides level at 2-05 to 0-11 after Carrickshock had fought back with a goal and a point in first-half injury time.

Loughgiel Shamrocks are back in the All-Ireland series after lifting their fourth successive Ulster club title.

The 2012 All-Ireland champions had to fight all the way at Celtic Park before overcoming Slaughtneil 3-14 to 1-15.

At one stage Derry champions Slaughtneil led 1-06 to 0-01, however, two vital goals from Eddie McCloskey pulled the Antrim side back into the game, with Slaughtneil ahead 1-11 to 2-04 at half-time before Loughgiel upped a gear in the second-half.

Meanwhile, in the Munster SHC quarter-final 14-man Na Piarsaigh of Limerick defeat the 13 men of Loughmore-Castleiney from Tipperary by 3-17 to 2-18 at Semple Stadium.

Derek Bourke was sent off in the opening stages for Loughmore-Castleiney but even so his side led Na Piarsaigh 1-11 to 0-08 at the interval.

A Cian Hennessy goal and point stretched the lead to 2-12 to 0-08 after 32 minutes.

Drama followed with a Kevin Downes goal for Na Piarsaigh and a red card for Loughmore's Willie Eviston reducing the Tipp side to just 13 men.

The sendings off continued as Na Piarsaigh’s Kieran Breen was dismissed as they trailed by 2-17 to 2-15.

However, Na Pairsaigh's added to the scoreboard and David Dempsey's late goal sealed the comeback giving his team a 3-16 to 2-17 lead as the clock ticked down.

In Kerry, St Brendan's won the county final replay after seeing off 14-man Lixnaw 0-13 to 0-08.

Mauric Corridon saw red for St Brendan's in the first-half which Lixnaw led 0-05 to 0-03 at half-time.

After the restart Lixnaw extended their lead to 0-07 to 0-04 before the scores were level at 0-07 each going into the final quarter of the match.

St Brendan's then took the lead 0-8 to 0-7 and went onto seal the title as the Ardfert club eased home by five points over their county rivals.

Clooney Gaels beat Cuchalainns in the Ulster IHC final while Kickhams Creggan beat Craobh to the JHC title. 

Kilkenny SHC final

Carrickshock 2-10 Clara 1-15 

Munster SHC quarter-final

Na Piarsaigh 3-17 Loughmore-Castleiney 2-18

Kerry SHC final 

St Brendan’s 0-13 Lixnaw 0-08

Ulster SHC final

Loughgiel Shamrocks 3-14 Slaughtneil 1-15

Ulster IHC final

Clooney Gaels 1-16 Cuchalainns 1-14

Ulster JHC final

Kickhams Creggan 0-13 Craobh Rua 1-07