Dublin secured their four-in-a-row after rallying in the second half to record a 1-10 to 1-05 victory over Cork in the TG4 All-Ireland SFC final at Croke Park.

Trailing to an Áine O'Sullivan goal at the break, the Metropolitans turned things around, in part due to a Carla Rowe penalty.

From there Cork couldn't get closer than a two-point deficit as the Girls in Blue finished strongly to see out the game.

Cork made a dream start as Áine O'Sullivan buried a brilliant goal to the back of the net in the third minute. The move had been started by a powerful run from Ciara O’Sullivan, with her namesake Doireann also playing her part. But the finish was top drawer, across Ciara Trant into the top left corner.

The Dubs hit back immediately as Nicole Owens finished over the bar from close range.

But Cork were well on top at that stage. This time it was Hannah Looney who did the hard yards before passing off as she fell for Áine O'Sullivan, and she made no mistake.

Mick Bohan’s side were struggling to deal with Cork runners in those early stages, and their next score came after Doireann O’Sullivan had danced past two Blues defenders, before laying it off to Orla Finn. She might have had a goal, but she cut inside and slotted it over the bar.

Dublin were struggling for scores, and hit numerous wides in the first half.

They had a couple of goal chances. Martina O’Brien was equal to Nicole Owens’ effort. Shortly afterwards Noelle Healy burst through the Cork cover, but her attempt to place the ball in the left corner ended on the wrong side of the post.

They went a full 14 minutes without a score, before Sinéad Aherne converted a free. Healy cut the gap to two with a close range point.

Melissa Duggan was nearly in for a Cork goal, but Trant was alert to get off her line early and put put pressure on the Dohenys player.

But the lead would be three at the break after Orla Finn slotted a late free.

However, Dublin burst out of the blocks after half-time. Aoife Kane had the first score, before the Girls in Blue were awarded a penalty.

Carla Rowe is fouled by Martina O'Brien

Jennifer Dunne played Carla Rowe in on goal, and she was taken down by Martina O’Brien. There was little complaint from the Cork players, and the Clann Mhuire forwarded dusted herself down to stroke the penalty home into the bottom left corner.

She had a couple of frees to push the lead out to three with 12 minutes gone in the half.

It took Cork just shy of 14 minutes to register their first score after the break. Saoirse Noonan worked a free short to Ciara O’Sullivan, who turned and put the ball over the bar.

But crucially Dublin were able to find the next point, when Owens swung over her second of the evening.

Lauren Magee was then dragged down by Doireann O’Sullivan and the Cork captain was sent to the sin bin. When Healy finished superbly off her right, the Dubs were four clear.

Perhaps fittingly, Carla Rowe, who had such a massive impact in the second half, kicked the final score as Dublin created their own piece of history on Jones' Road.

Scorers – Dublin: C Rowe 1-3 (1-0 pen, 3f), N Owens 0-2, N Healy 0-2, S Aherne 0-1 (1f), A Kane 0-1, K Sullivan 0-1. Cork: A O'Sullivan 1-1, O Finn 0-3 (2f), C O’Sullivan 0-1

Cork: Martina O'Brien; Eimear Meaney, Róisín Phelan, Shauna Kelly; Melissa Duggan, Ashling Hutchings, Erika O’Shea; Máire O’Callaghan, Hannah Looney; Eimear Kiely, Ciara O’Sullivan, Orla Finn; Áine O’Sullivan, Doireann O’Sullivan (c), Saoirse Noonan.

Subs used: Niamh Cotter for Kiely (43), Sadbh O'Leary for Finn (53), Libby Coppinger for Noonan (53), Meabh Cahalane for Kelly (60). Yellow cards: Doireann O'Sullivan 56

Dublin: Ciara Trant; Martha Byrne, Niamh Collins, Aoife Kane; Leah Caffrey, Siobhán McGrath, Sinéad Goldrick; Lauren Magee, Jennifer Dunne; Noelle Healy, Lyndsey Davey, Carla Rowe; Sinéad Aherne (c), Niamh McEvoy, Nicole Owens.

Subs used: Kate Sullivan for Aherne (HT), Sarah McCaffrey for McEvoy (47), Orlagh Nolan for Kane (47), Caoimhe O'Connor for Owens (58). Yellow cards: Lauren Magee (60)

Referee: Jonathan Murphy (Carlow)