Antrim have offered to travel to Louth to play their scheduled Division 4 Allianz Football League clash against Waterford, who signalled their intention to conceded the fixture earlier today.

The round seven match had been due to take place in Portglenone, just outside Ballymena, on Saturday at 2pm but the Waterford county board offered a walkover over Covid-19 concerns, which they said included the concerns of some players' employers over them travelling to Northern Ireland.

In a statement on Twitter tonight, Antrim GAA said "We believe the integrity of the league needs to be upheld. If we are good enough to collect 2pts we will do it in a fair and manly manner on the field of play."

The tweet said that they had offered to move the game to Belfast and were now willing to play in Dundalk.

"Unfortunately, having weighed up all the options and having regard to the genuine concern of our players, we had no choice but to concede our final league match versus Antrim this weekend," Waterford GAA had said in a statement this morning.

"This is not a decision that we have taken lightly, particularly given the fact that our game versus London scheduled last weekend also fell victim to the Covid-19 crisis, which puts us in a very vulnerable position going into the first round of the championship versus Limerick on Saturday, 31 October, given that they will have had the opportunity of having played two league games."

The county board added that "several options were considered", including a request to have the game played at a venue in the Republic of Ireland, before coming to the decision to not travel to Antrim but that ultimately the management team "felt obliged to respect the health and welfare concerns" raised by the players.

Waterford also confirmed that the decision was subsequent to the withdrawal of a number of players citing personal family circumstances amid "reservations within the playing group of travelling to the Belfast area" and said that the employers of some members of the panel stipulated that a 14-day isolation period would be required upon the players' return from Northern Ireland.

"Serious consideration was given to these two major factors along with the possibility of any incidence of coronavirus transmission to any of our travelling playing group with a turnaround time of seven days to the Munster Championship," they added.

Government guidelines currently exempt those arriving from Northern Ireland from the 14-day isolation period that applies to all arrivals from other countries.

The Waterford footballers open their championship campaign against Limerick on 31 October at Fraher Field, Dungarvan.

Speaking to RTÉ Sport, Waterford county board chairman Sean Michael O'Regan said he was hopeful that the All-Ireland championships can go ahead as planned.

"The championship itself is within the provinces and it's going to be behind closed doors and with this lockdown that started now, you would hope that the trends would start going in the right direction to allow the championship to continue," he said.

O'Regan added that employment matters were a factor for some players.

"First and foremost, our players have been absolutely brilliant with what they've been trying to do with the protocols and guidelines," he said.

"But when you consider that they are amateur players and when you consider that after the game that they are all going to work to various employers and different professions that did come into the mix, that did come into their thought process to make the decision that was made and we have to fully respect that. We fully support the players in all the decisions that they have made."