Tullaroan (Kilkenny) 3-19 Fr O'Neill's (Cork) 5-12

Shane Walsh played the captain fantastic role for Tullaroan at Croke Park, blasting the winning point with the very last puck of a remarkable AIB All-Ireland club intermediate hurling final.

The corner-forward top scored with 10 points but none were more memorable than his winner in the fourth minute of injury-time to see off an utterly determined Fr O'Neill's side.

It was a thrilling end to a game that flowed back and forth with both teams enjoying spells of dominance and the game apparently destined to go right to the wire.

Fr O'Neill's had soared five points clear with 15 minutes to go only for Tullaroan, with ageing Kilkenny great Tommy Walsh in their attack, responding with an unanswered 1-07 to lead by five.

But there was still much more drama to come with sub Jason Hankard striking a fifth goal for Fr O'Neill's who wiped the deficit out in the 62nd minute.

It was anyone's game at that stage but Tullaroan seized their opportunity when John Walton picked out skipper Walsh to boom over the winning point - the last action of a classic encounter.

Tullaroan's Martin Keoghan in action against Dan Harrington of Fr. O'Neill's

Tullaroan will remember this game for some time to come and won't forget how it almost got away from them on two different occasions.

They fell 1-04 to 0-01 down after just 20 minutes with Cork and Munster champions Fr O'Neill's surging clear with 1-02 from in that period from their top scorer Declan Dalton (below).

An All-Ireland U-20 finalist last year, Dalton was superb for the east Cork side and finished with 2-04.

Back to back points from Shane Walsh finally got Tullaroan going after that slow start and they reeled off 1-04 without reply themselves to level it up at 1-05 apiece.

Peter Walsh looks for a new hurl after scoring Tullaroan's second goal

County senior Martin Keoghan grabbed their first goal and Peter Walsh hit a second in stoppage time to leave Tullaroan 2-05 to 1-06 clear at half-time.

Fr O'Neill's grabbed the initiative again in the third quarter and Dalton's second goal, after winning possession and spinning away from his man, helped them into that five-point lead, 4-08 to 2-09.

Eoin Conway celebrates his goal for Fr O'Neill's

It wasn't looking good for Tullaroan but they responded with 1-07 to move five ahead themselves, the goal coming from Keoghan again.

Few in the 5,498 that looked on at GAA Headquarters could keep up with the pattern of an incredible game that came to a memorable climax in those closing minutes.

Tullaroan: Paul Buggy; Diarmuid Doheny, Tommy Walsh (Village), Stephen Maher; Jack Keoghan, Padraig Walsh (0-01), Martin Walsh; Tomas Dunne, Mark Walsh; Bill Gaffney (0-01), Martin Keoghan (2-01), John Walton (0-02); Shane Walsh (0-10, 0-04f, 0-01 65), Tommy Walsh (Mountgale) (0-02), Peter Walsh (1-02).

Subs: Ken Coogan for Dunne (40), Adam Tallis for Mark Walsh (44).

Fr O'Neill's: Colin Sloane; Podge Butler, Ger Millerick, Mike Millerick; Thomas Millerick (0-01), Dan Harrington, John Barry; Joe Millerick, Kevin O'Sullivan (0-02); Rob Cullinane (0-01), Paudie McMahon (0-02), Eoin Conway (1-01); Liam O'Driscoll, Declan Dalton (2-04, 0-02f, 0-01 65), Cillian Broderick (1-00).

Subs: Jason Hankard (1-00) for Conway (50), Sean O'Connor (0-01) for Barry (54), Eoin Motherway for Broderick (57).

Referee: Thomas Walsh (Waterford).