Castlebar Mitchels (Mayo) 0-14 Corofin (Galway) 0-17

Corofin set up a Connacht SFC club final meeting with St Brigid’s of Roscommon after defeating the reigning provincial champions in their own backyard at McHale Park in Castlebar.

It will be a repeat of the 2011 Connacht final in two weeks when Corofin will be bidding for their seventh provincial title against a Brigid's side going for their fifth.

Corofin, backed by the wind, made the most of what they created in the opening half and led by 0-06 to 0-04 at the end of the opening half.

Early points from wing-back Kieran Molloy and full-forward Michael Farragher settled them before Neil Douglas finally got the holders off the mark with a free after nine minutes.

Castlebar were guilty of some wayward shooting and seven first-half wides to none for Corofin told its own story.

Gary Sice, Ian Burke and Jason Leonard pushed Corofin 0-05 to 0-01 ahead after 19 minutes as Castlebar continued to miss good chances.

But the Mayo champions responded well before the break with another Douglas free before All Star nominee Paddy Durcan went forward for a trademark point.

Leonard stemmed the flow with a good point from play but another Douglas free cut the gap to just two at the break.

Jason Leonard holds off Shane Irwin

Sice extended Corofin’s lead with a free two minutes after the restart but the Galway champions then went 20 minutes without scoring.

Castlebar clawed their way back into contention with Cian Costello finding the range before Douglas hit two in succession.

Leonard responded for Corofin but two more points from Douglas edged Castlebar in front before All Star hurler Daithi Burke equalised for Corofin.

David Stenson and Corofin’s Ian Burke exchanged points and when Steede pushed the Galway side ahead in the dying moments, but Stenson again rescued Castlebar with a late point to send the clash into extra-time.

Two points from Ian Burke and a free from Leonard saw Corofin lead by 0-14 to 0-11 at the break in extra-time, with Douglas responding with a free for Castlebar.

Corofin had the breeze for second period in extra-time and never looked like letting their grip slip with Michael Farragher, Michael Lundy and Sice getting the scores to see them home after Douglas kept Castlebar’s hopes alive with two more frees.

Corofin: B Power; C McGrath, K Fitzgerald, L Silke; K Molloy (0-01), C Silke, M Lundy (0-01); D Burke (0-01), R Steede (0-01); G Sice (0-03, 0-03f), D Wall, C Cunningham; I Burke (0-04), M Farragher (0-02), J Leonard (0-04, 0-02f).

Subs: Ciaran Brady for Steede (32), Colin Brady for Ciaran Brady (34), B O’Donovan for Colin Brady (55), Steede for Wall (58), A Burke for Cunningham (65), Colin Brady for O’Donovan (74), G Higgins for McGrath (79).

Castlebar Mitchels: R Byrne; G McDonagh, D Newcombe, R O’Malley; S Irwin, E O’Reilly, P Durcan (0-01); A Walsh, B Moran; C Costello (0-01), F Durkan, J Durcan; N Lydon, N Douglas (0-10, 0-08f, 0-01 45) S Hopkins.

Subs: J Maughan for Irwin (41), D Kirby for Lydon (41), D Stenson (0-02) for F Durkan (54), D Joyce for J Durcan (65), C Kyne for Hopkins (71), R Burke for O’Reilly (74).

Referee: Paddy Neilan (Roscommon)