Clare and Kildare will play in Division 2 of the Allianz Football League in 2017.

Kildare had already booked a place in the decider, and although they recorded a 0-22 to 1-14 win over Clare at St Conleth’s Park, results elsewhere ensured the Banner County also advanced to a 23 April decider at Croke Park.

Colm Collins' side will be without key player David Tubridy (0-06) for that final, after receiving a straight red card for striking late on in Newbridge.

The sides were tied at 0-11 to 1-8 at half-time, with Dublin native Pat Burke scoring Clare’s goal, and Alan Smith (0-04), Niall Kelly, Paul Cribbin (0-03 each) and Tommy Moolick among Kildare’s scorers.

Clare started the second half brightly to move two points ahead, but Kildare showed great resolve, with substitute Eamon Callaghan (0-02) and Eoghan O’Flaherty (0-07) impressive.

Having been promoted this season, Offaly earned a credible third place in the division, with a 1-16 to 0-13 win over Limerick who were already consigned to the drop before the clash in Newcastlewest.

Offaly bounced back after a shaky start, which saw them fall 0-03 to 0-00 in arrears after five minutes, following points from Danny Neville (2) and Killian Ryan.

The visitors responded well and led by 0-09 to 0-06 at half-time, with Anton Sullivan, Nigel Dunne, Peter Cunningham, Johnny Moloney, Leon Fox and Niall McNamee on target.

A strong final quarter helped the visitors to a six-point win, with an unanswered 1-04 in a two minutes spell, including a Sean Pender goal paving the way for victory.

In heavy weather conditions, Longford claimed a 0-13 to 0-11 home win over Westmeath at Glennon Brothers Pearse Park.

Longford led by 0-06 to 0-05 at half-time, with James McGivney putting the hosts ahead at the break, after the sides were tied on five occasions in the first half.

The hosts were strong on the restart, and moved 0-09 to 0-05 ahead, eight minutes after the restart.

John Heslin and Denis Corroon worked hard for Westmeath with scores, with John Connellan blazing a goal shot wide with 15 minutes remaining.

Longford stayed on top, despite late Westmeath scores from Heslin and Callum McCormack late on.

It meant Westmeath suffered their third relegation in a row, plummeting from Division 1 to Division 4.

Tipperary finished strongly to earn a 3-09 to 0-18 draw with Sligo at Markievicz Park

Sligo led by 0-18 to 2-08 with two minutes remaining, but a late Alan Moloney goal, and a later point ensured a share of the spoils.

Following a tight first half, Sligo held a 0-10 to 2-03 interval lead, with Michael Quinlivan and Peter Acheson netting Tipperary’s goals.

Acheson giving the visitors their second goal, after converting a 22nd minute penalty. 

The sides were tied on four occasions early after the restart, and although Sligo kicked on with Niall Murphy and Kyle Cawley impressive, Tipperary fought hard to carve out a draw.