Clare, Sligo and Westmeath claimed home wins while Kildare sealed promotion in Division 3 of the Allianz Football League.

Kildare are guaranteed Division 2 football next season following their 2-13 to 1-05 win over Tipperary in Clonmel in Saturday.

The visitors were in impressive form and led by 1-07 to 0-01 at half-time, with Niall Kelly netting a 17th-minute goal.

Indeed, Kildare were 1-06 to 0-00 ahead, until Kevin Fahey claimed Tipperary’s opening point in the 26th minute.

Tipperary improved on the restart, but Daryl Flynn (1-02) netted the Lilywhites second goal with 12 minutes remaining, before exiting with a hamstring injury.

Clare delivered a strong closing 35 minutes, to record a 1-20 to 1-09 win over Longford at Cusack Park, Ennis.

The Banner County took a step closer to promotion with an 11-point win that leaves them two points clear of the chasing pack in second ahead of the final round of games.

Tied at 1-06 apiece after 31 minutes, following a Brian Kavanagh (0-06) free, Clare led by the minimum at the break thanks to a Jamie Malone score, and never looked back.

The hosts lost Martin McMahon to a black card before the interval but delivered a determined second half performance.

Longford were held scoreless until the 66th minute, with David Tubridy (1-05), Eoin Cleary, Malone, Gary Brennan, Keelan Sexton, Pearse Lillis and Shane McGrath on target in the second half for the hosts.

Limerick will play Division 4 football in 2017 after Sligo claimed a 3-10 to 1-12 win over the Shannonsiders at Markievicz Park.

The hosts never trailed, and always looked comfortable, although a Darragh Treacy goal levelled the tie at 1-00 to 0-03 after 13 minutes.

Sligo responded with an unanswered 1-02 over the next 10 minutes, including a Kyle Cawley goal and forged ahead.

Scores were at a premium in the final stages of the half as Sligo claimed a 1-06 to 1-01 interval lead.

Sligo failed to ease up on the restart with Brendan Egan and Brian Egan adding goals to ensure a 3-09 to 1-09 lead after 61 minutes.

Despite Limerick finishing strongly, Sligo held out for a four-point win.

A strong second-half display dampened Offaly’s hopes of a potential final place, as Westmeath recorded a 1-09 to 0-09 win over their Midland rivals at TEG Cusack Park, Mullingar.

Former Westmeath hurler Paul Greville netted the game's only goal after a strong Offaly start.

The visitors took an early 0-04 to 0-01 lead before the Raharney clubman fired past Offaly keeper Alan Mulhall in the 27th minute.

However, Offaly bounced back to take a 0-07 to 1-03 interval advantage, thanks to an Anton Sullivan score.

Greville equalised five minutes after the restart before a Shane Dempsey score gave Westmeath a lead they wouldn’t relinquish.

Westmeath added three of the next four points to move 1-08 to 0-08 ahead with 11 minutes remaining.

Sullivan and Dempsey traded points, and with five minutes remaining there was still time for Offaly to get a much needed goal, but neither side produced a further score as Westmeath claimed a three-point win.

Offaly finished the game with 14 men, after Niall Smith was black carded, as the Faithful County had used their full quota of substitutes.