Galway manager Kevin Walsh says he isn't going to listen to 'crap’ from outside the Galway camp as he makes a decision on his future.

Walsh’s fifth campaign as Tribesmen boss ended with defeat in a round four All-Ireland qualifier to Mayo in Limerick on Saturday night.

Many have speculated that he’ll walk away, but he was in no mood to talk about it in the immediate aftermath of the loss.

"Look I'm not going to get into that. I want to make sure that this group go out with their heads held high and not listen to crap outside," he said.

Galway lost by three points having conceded two goals in the first nine minutes at the LIT Gaelic Grounds and Walsh admitted that the slow start hurt his team.

"It was disappointing I suppose there was two goals in the first few minutes," he said. "Look we asked for a performance and to die with their boots on and that's what they did. It is really frustrating.

"We were certainly up for it which was great and they were certainly up for it in the last minute. I know we got two black cards in the end probably trying to rescue the game, maybe a bit of frustration with all the refereeing decisions beforehand and that happens.

"The last year or two we didn't go out strongly. They fought as hard as they could and I can't say anything bad about them."

James Car celebrates scoring a goal for Mayo against Galway

Under Walsh Galway won two Connacht titles, lost two further Connacht finals to Roscommon in Salthill, lost All-Ireland quarter-finals to Tipperary and Kerry and a semi-final to Dublin.

He certainly made them a solid Division 1 outfit, though this year was their earliest exit since his first season in charge.

Mayo are the second Connacht team that go through to the All-Ireland quarter-final Super 8s stage, joining Munster champions Kerry, Ulster champions Donegal and either Meath or Clare in Group 1.