The mother of Kimberly O'Connor, the 16-year-old girl who was killed in a car crash in Cork last night, has said their lives are shattered after her death.
Kimberly was a passenger in a car that hit a wall on Harbour View Road at Knocknaheeny at around 11.45pm. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another teenager who was injured is in a critical condition.
Kimberly was from Harbourview Road and was a transition year student at the Terence MacSwiney Community College.
In a statement issued via Twitter, her mother Jennifer said that their hearts were broken at the loss of their beautiful daughter, sister, granddaughter, aunt, niece and friend.
She said: "Our lives are shattered and it is difficult to put into words how we are feeling.
"Our Kimberly had a bright future and was a very kind and generous person who was loved by so many people."

The 16-year-old had just returned from Kolkata last month, where she had volunteered with the Hope Foundation and taken part in the HOPE U Can Paint Project painting local orphanages there.
She was also involved in an exchange programme with Co-operation Ireland and had a great interest in drama and singing, playing the lead role in two school musicals over the last two years.
Her mother said the family was grateful for all the support they were receiving.
She especially thanked the emergency services who attended the accident and said the family was praying for those who were injured and asked people for their prayers at this very sad time.
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Please accept the following statement from my mam Jennifer, In Memorie of Our Beautiful Kimberly @echolivecork @pjcoogan @NeilRedFM @PaulByrne_1 @CraftyReporter @anewshack @niamhaineryan @rtenews pic.twitter.com/TjO5qwypZr
— Shannon O Connor❤ (@ShannonOCx) February 20, 2020
Harbourview Road has fully reopened following technical examinations.
The driver of the car, who is believed to be 16, fled the scene on foot, but later presented himself at Mercy University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old boy in the back of the car was taken to Cork University Hospital, where he is described as being in a critical condition.
There were no other cars involved.
Gardaí say they are satisfied that the car, a 19-year-old Seat Toledo, was not stolen, but was a so-called "company car", bought for as little as €200.
Terence MacSwiney Community College Principal Phil O'Flynn described Kimberly as one of their leading lights, a beautiful and talented student.
She said the school's Critical Management Plan has been implemented and the school, which is on mid-term break, is open to students, parents and the wider community, with staff members available to offer support, advice and guidance.

She described the crash as a "terrible tragedy for the families of the students, our school and our community".
She said: "There is just tremendous grief here today."
"We are like a family here. We are quite a small school on the northside, we know everybody so well.
"They know us and our hearts are broken for those families today who are just trying to find meaning out of this. There is a surreal atmosphere today in Knocknaheeny."
Gardaí are appealing to witnesses, particularly any motorists who were travelling on Harbour View Road between 11pm and 12.30am and who may have dashcam footage, to contact Gurranabraher Garda Station on 021 494 6200, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any garda station.