A 50-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Conor O'Brien in Co Meath last week.

Earl McKevitt, with an address at Avondale Park, Mullhuddart in Dublin 15, appeared before Carlow District Court this afternoon.

The body of 19-year-old Conor O'Brien was found in the driveway of a house in Enfield last Friday morning.

Conor O'Brien

Detective Sergeant Lee Gavin of Trim Garda Station told the court he charged Mr McKevitt with the murder of Mr O’Brien last night.

The accused made no reply.

Detective Garda Ian Roche of Carlow Garda Station told the court he charged Mr McKevitt with unlawful possession of a semi-automatic pistol, six rounds of ammunition and a knife at the Talbot Hotel, Graiguecullen, Co Carlow, on Tuesday night.

The court heard Mr McKevitt made no reply.

We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences

Mr McKevitt's solicitor requested medical and legal aid for his client and both were granted.

Judge Geraldine Carthy remanded the accused in custody to appear before Cloverhill District Court via video link next Friday.