Gardaí are investigating the background of one of the London Bridge attackers after documentation showed he spent some time in Ireland.
Rachid Redouane has been named by British police as one of the three men who carried out the attack on London Bridge on Saturday.
Police say he is of Moroccan and Libyan descent.
He was identified after a records check in the UK established that he had lived for a time in south Dublin.
RTÉ has learned that the 30-year-old married a British woman in Ireland in 2012 before moving back to the UK.
RTÉ also understands the couple returned to Ireland for a short time in 2016 before separating.
Documentation, believed to be an identity card, was found after he was shot dead.
Garda detectives suspect he may have been married to a 38-year-old woman currently in custody in the UK.
Redouane was not previously known to gardaí and had not come to their attention in relation to any crime or security issues.
Elsewhere, Taoiseach Enda Kenny has said a small number of people in Ireland are "being monitored and observed in respect of radicalisation", but that it was his understanding that this man "was not a member of this small group".
Speaking in Chicago, where he is on his last trip to the US as Taoiseach, Mr Kenny said that under European Union treaties, Ireland grants working visas to people outside the EU who are in a relationship with an EU citizen, which appears to have been the case in this instance.
However, Mr Kenny said the veracity of that claim was currently being checked out.
Mr Kenny said that the common travel area was important and he expected to be able to hold onto it "for so many different reasons".
But he said "clearly all of these things are part and parcel of the phenomenon of terrorist incidents", not just in Britain but also "in Sweden in Belgium and in France and Germany and other locations".
The Taoiseach said there was daily and sometimes hourly contact between the Irish authorities and their counterparts in Britain and Europe.
Mr Kenny said that after the Manchester bombing he called a meeting of various groups "from the Garda Commissioner to the Chief of Staff of the Defence Forces", including those involved in health, transport and aviation" and that there was a full review of Ireland's readiness.
The threat assessment level in Ireland at the moment is moderate, meaning an attack is possible but unlikely.
The Department of Justice issued a statement on the threat assessment, saying: "The expert threat assessment is that while an attack here is possible it is unlikely and that there is no specific information in relation to any threat to Ireland from international terrorism.
"That said the level of threat from this source is kept under constant and active review by An Garda Síochána.
"The commissioner makes an assessment based on a range of factors including current available intelligence, knowledge of capabilities, events outside the State and the current international climate.
"She consults with the Chief of Staff in making the assessment."