There is still no time frame in place for the redevelopment of Dublin's Victorian fruit and vegetable market, which turned 125 years old this week.
Dublin City Council has been trying for over a decade to open a market for food entrepreneurs on the site, which is near the Four Courts.
According to Councillor Andrew Montague (Labour), who is chair of the city council's Market Sub Committee, agreements still need to be worked out with the remaining wholesale tenants.
There are ten of the 46 original stands left.
There are still strong connections to the past - the company Jackie Leonard & Sons, which started as a stand in the market in 1892 is located nearby.
The owners of Fyffes, which is now the biggest fruit company in Europe, also kept their headquarters close to the old market.
The market used to sell directly to customers but now mainly does deliveries of both homegrown and imported produce.
The city council has plans to renovate the market - a protected structure - and use half of it for food entrepreneurs to sell directly to the public.
Although €7 million in funding has been set aside and its hoped that progress will be made this year there is no completion date yet.