A Co Down man wanted in connection with the deaths of 39 people who were found in a trailer in Essex is to challenge a warrant for his extradition to the UK, the High Court in Dublin has heard.
UK authorities allege that 22-year-old Eamon Harrison from Mayobridge delivered the trailer to a Belgian port the day before its onward journey to Essex where the bodies were found in Grays on 23 October last.
Lawyers for Mr Harrison told the High Court that points of objection to information contained on the European Arrest Warrant will be lodged by this Friday in advance of the hearing on 21 November next.
Mr Harrison was remanded in custody pending that hearing.
Lawyers for Mr Harrison told the court he would not be applying for bail at this stage.
Defence lawyers applied to the court today for the appointment of a senior counsel to argue his case.
Barrister Tony McGillicuddy said there were certain issues about the contents of the warrant and certain "conflicts or uncertainties" which had been raised by Mr Harrison.
These had been outlined in a sworn statement by his solicitor and will be outlined to the court before the full hearing of the extradition application on 21 November next.
The court had previously been told there were "complexities" to the warrant because the alleged offences had not taken place in the issuing state (the UK).
This gave rise to similar circumstances as the Ian Bailey case, where extradition was refused.