Hospitals in Northern Ireland recorded their highest number of Covid-19-related deaths in the week to 20 November, official figures show.
There were 100 deaths in total in the North, taking the overall toll to 1,333. Almost 60% of fatalities happened in hospitals but a third were in care homes.
Statistics agency Nisra said: "The 69 Covid-19 deaths occurring in hospital this week represents the largest weekly number in this setting since the start of the pandemic in March 2020."
The comparative overall number of deaths reported daily by the Department of Health to 20 November was 927.
These figures are based on patients having previously tested positive for the virus, whereas the Nisra figures are based on the information entered on death certificates completed by medical professionals.
They may or may not have previously tested positive for the virus.
Further analysis, which includes deaths of care home residents in hospital, shows that, of the 560 deaths of care home residents involving Covid-19 in the year to date to 20 November, 80% (447) occurred in a care home, with the remaining 113 happening in hospital.
On this basis, deaths of care home residents account for 42% of all Covid-19-related deaths; however, no assumptions can be made in relation to where or when the deceased contracted the disease.
Meanwhile, there have been 12 further Covid-19 deaths recorded in Northern Ireland, with nine occurring during the past 24 hours.
There has also been 391 new cases from tests on 2,878 individuals. The cumulative number of infections now stands at 51,059.
12 further Coronavirus deaths recorded in Northern Ireland, 9 occurring during past 24 hours, taking official @healthdpt toll to 974. Also 391 new cases from tests on 2,878 individuals @rtenews @FergalBowers @Orlaodo @Fergal_O_Brien @GeorgeLeeRTE— Vincent Kearney (@vincekearney) November 27, 2020
In Northern Ireland, all non-essential retail, close-contact services, hospitality and places of worship are closed from today under a strict two-week "circuit breaker" lockdown.
The measures are close to the full lockdown introduced in response to the outbreak of the pandemic in March.
Schools and childcare services remain open.
First Minister Arlene Foster said the fresh restrictions were necessary to drive down the rate of infection.
She added the next two weeks were critical and a huge effort was needed to keep moving in the right direction.
"This is just for a short while longer.
"It is important to have hope and it is important that we push a little harder over the course of the next couple of weeks."
The Department of Health #COVID19 dashboard has been updated with latest data.— Department of Health (@healthdpt) November 27, 2020
391 individuals have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours. Sadly, a further 12 deaths have been reported (3 of the deaths were outside the 24 hour period).https://t.co/YN16dmGzhv pic.twitter.com/84RubK9USR