Vodafone Ireland has partnered with Riley, a sustainable period product subscription service, to provide free period products to all employees at its head office in Dublin and in retail stores.

While Vodafone employees have been working from home since March 2020, the company said it is working to create a better and more inclusive working environment for women.

Vodafone employees will return to the office on a hybrid basis from 20 September, which will see them split their time between home and the office - working remotely 60% of the time, and in the office the other 40%.

Vodafone Ireland said it will make Riley sustainable period products available to employees at its head office in Mountainview, and to those employees located in the 21 retail stores nationwide.

The introduction is expected to impact over 500 Vodafone employees across Ireland.

"Vodafone values innovation and it is fantastic to see a small Irish business like Riley, see a problem and find a sustainable solution through the development of their eco-friendly period products," said Anne O'Leary, CEO of Vodafone Ireland.

Riley is a business set up during the pandemic, spearheaded by three female entrepreneurs, Aine Kilkenny, Fiona Parfrey and Lauren Duggan, based in West Cork.

According to Riley, the average sanitary pad has a plastic content of 90%, and it wanted tto create an eco-friendly alternative.

Fiona Parfrey, Co-Founder of Riley said their eco-friendly period products are made from 100% organic cotton.

"Women are getting sanitary products that are better for their bodies and better for the planet," she said.

Ms Parfrey said they are thrilled to be partnering with Vodafone.

"Organisations working together is a major piece of the puzzle towards female equality," she said.