The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have made "privately funded security arrangements" following their move to California, according to a spokeswoman.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources," a spokeswoman for Harry and Meghan said.
"Privately funded security arrangements have been made."
It follows comments from US President Donald Trump stating that the United States will not pay for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's security protection after their move to California.
Harry and Meghan were said to have left their rented home in Vancouver, Canada, and taken a private flight to the US before the border closed between the two countries last week.
In response to the reports, the US president tweeted that he was a "great admirer of the Queen and the United Kingdom" before saying that the US would not pay the royal couple's security bill, adding: "They must pay!"
I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2020
Harry, Meghan and their young son Archie are now said to be living in lockdown close to Hollywood in accordance with California's Covid-19 containment measures.
The tweet by Mr Trump comes just days before the couple are due to officially step down as senior royals.
Sixth in line to the British throne, Harry and American former actress Meghan are walking away from the monarchy for a life of personal and financial freedom on 31 March.