The ex-partner of London Bridge terrorist Rachid Redouane has spoken of her shock and condemned his actions.

Charisse O'Leary, who had lived with Redouane for a time in Dublin, said she has "shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrific incident".

She said in a statement released to the Press Association: "I am deeply shocked, saddened and numbed by the actions of my ex-partner who has killed and injured so many innocent people."

Ms O'Leary, who lives in east London, said she had been separated from Redouane for six months.

"We have a beautiful young daughter, that for the last six months has been our only bond and reason for contact," she continued.

"My thoughts and efforts now are with trying to bring up my daughter with the knowledge that some day I will have to try and explain to her why her father did what he did.

"I wish to make it absolutely clear, so there can be no doubt, I condemn his actions and do not support the beliefs he held that led to him committing this atrocity."

Further arrests are expected as part of the investigation into the background of Redouane, who had previously lived in Ireland.

Two men have already been arrested and questioned on suspicion of theft and fraud offences.

A man in his 30s is being detained in Wexford, while another man in Limerick was released without charge following his arrest on Monday evening.

The man arrested in Wexford is still being questioned at Wexford Garda Station.

Detectives are working to identify the activities, addresses and associates of Redouane during his time in Ireland.

The garda investigation into Redouane's time in Ireland intensified over the past 48 hours.

The 30-year-old got married in Ireland, lived in Rathmines and secured an EU identity card here which enabled him to reside in the UK even though he had been refused asylum there.

Officers from the Special Detective Unit and the National Immigration Bureau arrested the two men, who were linked to London attacker through documentation in his name.

They were questioned about the use of documentation and PPS numbers in the name of Redouane but gardaí have stressed the investigation is focused not on terror but on theft and fraud offences.

Meanwhile, the family of Khuram Butt, another of the three attackers, have condemned the attack saying they are "shocked and appalled" by his actions.

In a statement, his family said: "As a family we are shocked and appalled by the actions of Khuram and his associates. We strongly condemn these actions.

"Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families at this time.

"Now more than ever we need to work together to stop the actions of the mindless few who claim to be acting in the name of Islam."