The Child and Family Agency,Tusla has confirmed that the baby at the centre of the most recent abortion controversy is to remain in State care for another two months.
The baby was delivered early by Cesarean section last month, after a young woman, who says she was raped, had sought an abortion on grounds of suicide.
A spokesperson for Tusla said the agency applied for the interim care order last Wednesday and the two month order was granted.
The agency said that it had attempted to engage with the mother and that it was willing to engage.
However, Tusla said her solicitor had told the court that she does not want to participate.
A spokesperson for the agency said they would continue to proceed according to the mother's wishes and in the best interests of the child.
It is understood that the agency could apply for a full care order or they could apply for adoption if that was what the mother wished.