The parents of Ashya King have been reunited with their sick son at a Spanish hospital.

Earlier, the five-year-old brain tumour patient's father Brett feared he would be stopped from seeing him for the first time since he and wife Naghmeh were arrested on Saturday.

Ashya was temporarily made a ward of court last week.

But at a hearing in the High Court yesterday, Mr Justice Baker expressed concerns that the boy was separated from his parents and said he hoped they would take part in the next hearing.

No objections were raised during the hearing to the couple seeing their son.

The Judicial Office said no decision about Ashya's future can be taken without the court's approval.

A spokesman said: "At the hearing (yesterday), the judge adjourned the case until Monday to allow the parents an opportunity to be represented and put forward their proposals for Ashya's treatment.

"If there is a dispute between the parents and the medical authorities as to the right course of treatment, the court will make the decision, probably at the hearing on Monday.

"If the parties are in agreement, the court will endorse that agreement, and the judge indicated in court that he will be available at all times to give his approval if an agreement is reached before Monday so that treatment can be started without further delay."

Ashya is set to go to the Czech Republic for the treatment his parents wanted him to receive.

His medical records have been sent to the Proton Therapy Centre in Prague, which said it had agreed the specialised technique is suitable for him.

His parents were freed from Soto del Real prison near Madrid yesterday after British authorities dropped the case against them amid a storm of criticism.

A spokesman for the PTC disclosed that it had received additional information concerning the status of Ashya's health.

He said Dr Gary Nicolin, a consultant paediatric oncologist and lead for paediatric neuro-oncology at the Department of Paediatric Oncology at University Hospital Southampton, had sent complete medical reports, including operation notes, histology reports and imaging reports.

He said the PTC medical board reviewed this documentation at 8am today.

Dr Jiri Kubes, head of proton therapy at Proton Therapy Center Czech, said: "We have agreed that proton therapy is a suitable method of treatment for Ashya.

"So, Ashya shall go for proton therapy to the Czech Republic. However, prior to this he will need to return to England first."

The centre said Dr Nicolin had confirmed that Ashya must first undergo two cycles of chemotherapy, which are expected to take several weeks.

After that he would be able to travel to Prague for proton therapy, the spokesman said.

A fundraising page set up to help pay for the treatment has so far raised more than £21,000.

Ashya's parents talk of heartache in jail

This morning, Ashya's parents described their anguish at being separated from him after their arrest.

Mr King said his heart was "aching" while his wife Naghmeh said she had been "crying and crying" in a prison cell.

Mr King told the BBC: "My heart is aching for my son. I want to see my son's face."

Asked what the ordeal had been like, Mrs King said: "All I was doing all the time was crying and crying. What could I do in a prison cell?"

The couple were freed last night after British authorities abandoned their attempts to extradite them amid a public backlash.

Asked how angry they were, Mr King said: "I wouldn't say angry, I'm just missing my son so much.

"Anger can't come in at the moment because I've just got these feelings I've got to see my son's face."

The boy's mother said: "I just want to wet his mouth because he can't drink through his mouth, I want to brush his teeth, I want to turn him side to side every 15 minutes because he can't move. I just want to do all those things I was doing from Southampton, I want to do it for him here."

Asked about being separated from her son, she said: "I was just praying so I could be reunited with him again. I couldn't do much, really - all I could do was just cry and pray."

Speaking later at a press conference, Mr King told of the anguish of hearing his wife crying from his cell.

His voice breaking with emotion, he described the couple's desperation to see Ashya because he "hasn't got too many months to live".

Mr King said: "When we were in prison there wasn't a minute that went by without our hearts hurting to see Ashya. My wife spent most of the time crying in the cell.

"I was going to ask to move cells because I was worried and I couldn't listen to my wife crying. When you are locked up you can't do anything."

Mr King described the uncertainty they faced about their son's condition after they were detained.

"What is going to happen to Ashya without us? We didn't know what was happening because they arrested us and directly they took our son away.

"We said 'You don't even really know what's wrong with him. He needs therapy on his legs, on his arms. You need to turn him from side to side.'

"But they're not interested. They just want to take him away from us."

He said he does not "feel good" but added: "Hopefully now we can see our son, we can be together and show love to him because without that there's no purpose to life.

"We just want to help my son get through this bad time because he hasn't got too many months to live and we are locked away in a cell. No-one can do anything.

"We are trying to speed things up to help him as much as possible."

He thanked British Prime Minister David Cameron and "anyone who has helped release us".