The memorandum from the judiciary on the proposed amendment on judicial pay is to be taken down from the Courts Service website after close of business tomorrow.

A spokesman for the Courts Service said the Department of Justice official who contacted the service on behalf of the Minister on Friday was told that the memo was put on the website to make it available to the public and in particular to the media who had sought copies of the memorandum through the courts service.

Substantial parts of the memo had already been published in the Sunday Business Post on 3 July.

The spokesman said the Department official was informed that the memo would remain on the website until the beginning of this week.

Separately, the Courts Service is due to publish its annual report on Wednesday.

The report is due to be presented to the Minister for Justice Alan Shatter, by the Chief Justice, John Murray on Wednesday afternoon.

Mr Justice Murray is due to retire as Chief Justice on 22 July.