The Georgina Campbell Guides Awards took place in Dublin this week and they've announced their winners for best hotels, restaurants and hideaways.
Since 1997, Georgina and her husband W.M. Nixon have led their team of hospitality gurus across Ireland to survey each county's hospitable offerings.
The annual Georgina Campbell Guides Awards are respected within the food and tourism community as there is no entry fee and each award is selected based on the company's own findings as well as customer questionnaires.
The 2018 awards took place at Bord Bia's Thinking House in Dublin revealing the country's best hotels, restaurants and hideaways.
Celebrity Operation Transformation's Chef Gary O'Hanlon took home the Georgina Campbell 'Hospitality Hero' Award for 2018 along with his partners James & Beryl Kearney for their work at Viewmount House in Co Longford.
Dublin's Dax Restaurant in Dublin 2 brought home the 'Restaurant of the Year' award while The Twelve Hotel in Galway received the Hotel of the Year award.
This full list of 2018 winners are as follows:
- Georgina Campbell 'Hospitality Hero' Award 2018: James & Beryl Kearney and Gary O'Hanlon, Viewmount House, Longford, Co Longford
- Hotel of the Year 2018: The Twelve Hotel, Barna, Co Galway
- Restaurant of the Year 2018: Dax Restaurant, Dublin 2
- Chef of the Year 2018: David McCann, Executive Head Chef, Dromoland Castle, Co Clare
- 'Just Ask' Restaurant of the Year 2018 sponsored by Bord Bia: The Bay Tree Bistro, Waterford, Co Waterford
- A Taste of the Waterways Award 2018: St George's Terrace Restaurant, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim
- Seafood Restaurant of the Year 2018: Hooked, Galway, Co Galway
- Outstanding Guest Experience Award 2018: Quinlan & Cooke Boutique Townhouse and Seafood Restaurant, Caherciveen, Co Kerry
- Host Of The Year 2018: Tony Frisby, Earl of Thomond Restaurant, Dromoland Castle, Co Clare
- Business Destination Of The Year 2018: Tankardstown House, Slane, Co Meath
- Wine Award Of The Year 2018: Green Man Wines, Dublin 6
- Pub Of The Year 2018: Bar One, Castlebar, Co Mayo
- Newcomer Of The Year 2018: Bullitt Hotel, Belfast
- Family Friendly Destination Of The Year 2018: Amber Springs Hotel & Health Spa, Gorey, Co Wexford
- Pet-Friendly Establishment of the Year 2018: Pupp, Dublin 8
- Hideaway Of The Year 2018: Castle Murray House Boutique Accommodation, Dunkineely, Co Donegal
- Atmospheric Restaurant Of The Year 2018: The Boathouse Bistro, Dromquinna Manor, Kenmare, Co Kerry
- Ethnic Restaurant Of The Year 2018: Nightmarket, Dublin 6
- Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year 2018: Noble, Holywood, Co Down
- Café Of The Year 2018: Cakeface Patisserie, Kilkenny, Co Kilkenny
- Street Food of the Year 2018: Food Depot - Gourmet Street Kitchen, Clonakilty & Courtmacsherry Co Cork
- Natural Food Award 2018: Vasco, Fanore, Co Clare
- Country House Of The Year 2018: Virginia Park Lodge, Virginia, Co Cavan
- Guesthouse Of The Year 2018: The Old Bank House, Kinsale, Co Cork
- B&B Of The Year 2018: Muldowney's B&B, Arranmore Island, Co Donegal
- Farmhouse Of The Year 2018: Hillcrest Farm, Ahakista, Co Cork