Makes: approx 6
Prep/cook time: 3 hours
- 2kg boneless, skin on pork belly
- Maldon sea salt
- 2kg rooster potatoes
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 25g salted butter
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 175mls white wine
- 100g parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Score the skin of the pork belly with a sharp knife. Rub with the Maldon salt and place in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the oven to 160oC Mix together all the ingredients for the Gremolata and leave at room temperature.
- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 cm intervals, making sure you don't slice all the way through. Put the rapeseed oil and butter into a roasting tray.
- Add the potatoes, garlic & thyme and mix well. Season with sea salt and add the white wine.
- Pat the pork belly dry with a towel and season well. Place on top of the potatoes and cook for 1 and a half. Baste the potatoes in the pan juices consistently.
- Turn the heat up to 220oC and cook for 1 more hour until the pork belly is crisp and golden. Remove for the oven and allow to rest. Place the potatoes in your serving dish and carve the pork belly.
- Serve with the Gremolata.