I love stews and I love pulses. The broth mix in this dish is really good for you with an abundance of barley, lentils, and split peas. They all go wonderfully well with the lamb to make an easy and wholesome stew for all the family. I love to eat this with some buttery mashed potatoes.
- 2 pkts (720g, 360g per packet) Irish diced lamb
- (200g) roughly 1/3 bag whole foods broth mix
- I pkt (125g) smoked bacon lardons
- I red onion (127g) peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic (10g) peeled and sliced
- Some fresh thyme
- I chicken stock cube
- 750mls water
- Some chopped parsley (10g)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- I knob of butter (20g)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 160deg
- Put your oil into a pot and heat till smoking, then carefully add your lamb.
- Cook until light brown Over a medium-high heat this will take 5 minutes or so as the juices will have to come out of the lamb before it starts to colour.
- Add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes before adding the Broth mix, water, chicken stock cube and thyme.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 1 hr 45 mins until the lamb is tender, then stir in the butter, chopped parsley, salt, and pepper then serve.