Prep/Cook time: 1 hr approx
- 1 tbsps sunflower oil
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 800g tinned black beans, drained & rinsed under water
- 400g tinned mixed beans, drained & rinsed under water
- 800g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin sliced red peppers, drained
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Pinch chili flakes - to taste, obviously the more the hotter
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube - crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 4 eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Sliced fresh red chili
- Picked coriander leaves
- Grated cheddar
- Lime wedges
- Warm fresh flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 180oC In a heavy-based pot heat the oil and cook the onions for approx 5 minutes. Add the garlic powder, chili flakes, dried herbs and sliced peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chipotle paste, harissa paste, vegetable stock cube, beans, tomatoes and sugar, and simmer for about 15-20 mins until thickened. Season to taste.
- Transfer the mix into serving bowls (Ramekins/Terracotta dishes) and make a whole in the middle.
- Crack the eggs into the hole. Sprinkle with a little of the grated cheese.
- Place in the oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking. I prefer them nice and runny but if you prefer them well done then cook them for longer.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with some sour cream. Serve with sliced red chili, coriander leaves, lime wedges and warm tortillas.