Eunice Power's orange and marmalade drizzle cake: Today
Updated / Friday, 20 Jan 2023 16:09
- 225g flour, sieved
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g butter (must be at room temperature)
- Rind of one orange
- Pinch of salt
- Marmalade drizzle
- 3 tablespoons of fine-cut
- Seville orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon of orange flower water (or orange juice)
- Preheat oven to 160C Conventional /180°C fan/350°F/Gas 4.
- Grease and baseline a 900g/2lb loaf tin. Beat the butter and sugar together until well mixed. Add the eggs and orange rind and beat again until well blended.
- Finally, add the flour and salt and beat until mixture is smooth. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and place tin on a wire tray. Combine the marmalade and orange flower water in a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Prick the warm cake with a skewer, then gently drizzle syrup over until completely absorbed.