- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs, diced
- 100g Nduja sausage, diced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 25g plain flour
- 200ml white wine, or chicken stock
- 250ml cream
- 150g sheet of puff pastry, ready rolled.
- 1 egg wash (made with 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp. milk)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Heat a large frying pan with the oil. Add in the chicken and nduja. Sear for 2 minutes or so until coloured.
- Add in the leeks, onion, garlic and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes then, sprinkle in the flour. Cook the flour for a minute, stirring to coat the vegetables. Next, pour in the white wine and cream. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Check the seasoning and transfer to a ceramic oven dish. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes or so, if possible. Neatly cut the pastry to fit the ceramic dish.
- Brush the pastry lightly with a little egg wash and place over the mixture sealing the edges well. Add a little chimney if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or so. Serve with some dressed salad greens.