Get in the Halloween spirit with pumpkins stuffed with an oozing cheesy risotto.
- 4 small pumpkins
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 150g arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g spinach leaves, trimmed and sliced
- 60g of freshly grated parmesan
- Handful of chopped hazelnuts
- Start off by pre heating the oven to 160 degrees, place the pumpkins on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft to touch. Allow it to cool.
- Slice off the top (about ¼ way down), scoop out pumpkin seeds then scoop out some of the flesh (you want to keep the structure intact), place in a bowl and mash.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, add the rice stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough stock to cover the rice and continue cooking, stirring all the time until most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir in the mashed pumpkin followed by the spinach, just until the spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Divide between the four pumpkins, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and serve.