Pear and apple are a classic combination and perfect for autumn.
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 pears, peeled and cored
- 100g butter, diced (25g + 75g)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g porridge oats
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- 200ml whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F.
- In a saucepan, melt 25g of butter with 25g brown sugar until bubbly and starting to caramelise. Add the chopped apple and pear pieces and stir once to coat in the caramel.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes to colour and slightly soften the fruits. Remove from the heat and transfer into an oven dish.
- Then, in a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, porridge oats, caster sugar and mixed seeds. Rub in the rest of the butter (75g) until soft and crumbly. Scatter the mixture over the fruits.
- Bake in the oven 30-35 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.