- 1 medium leek
- 150g mixed mushrooms (or chestnut mushrooms)
- 50g butter
- A few fresh thyme leaves
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs soaked raisins
- Salt and black pepper
- 75g Coolea cheese, grated
- Trim the leek, cut into thin rondels, wash and drain.
- Trim and cut the mushrooms into an even size making sure to brush off any soil as you prepare them.
- Melt the butter in a wok or a wide bottomed non stick pan and add the leeks and thyme then cook
- over low heat for 5 minutes or so. When they start to soften, add the mushrooms.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms have cooked then over a medium heat add the
- eggs and move them around in the pan to amalgamate with the leeks and mushrooms. I use a rubber spatula for best results scraping the bottom of the pan every thirty seconds or so.d Add the raisins then season.
- When the eggs are nearly set but still soft add the cheese, fold everything together and serve immediately on warm plates. The eggs should still be soft and silky for best results.