Chef Brian McDermott joined Today with Claire Byrne on RTÉ Radio 1 to share some cost-effective recipes.
- 4 Boneless chicken portions (breasts, thighs or drumsticks)
- Spray of oil
- Zest of 1 lemon & half juice of lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 Twists fresh ground white pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- In a bowl add the lemon zest and juice of half a lemon. Add the freshly ground pepper and pinch of salt.
- Add four sprays (or less) of oil to the bowl along with the fresh thyme leaves. Whisk all together.
- Brush or spread the mix over the chicken pieces or place the chicken pieces in the bowl mixing all together.
- Leave to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the air fryer basket and cook at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes. Check to ensure chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Great served with boiled rice or salad.