A summery salad loaded with fresh flavour.
4 chicken fillets
For the marinade:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- I dessert spoon of Djion mustard
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chipped
- A handful of dried oregano
- Ground black pepper and salt
For the preserved lemon dressing:
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Finely diced preserved lemon
- Sea salt, black pepper
- A dash of honey
- Finely grated clove of garlic
For the salad:
- 6 slices of Prosciutto ham
- 4 large handful of salad leaves (approx. 150g)
- 4 peaches
- A handful of pine nuts
- A 100g piece of Parmesan
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together, add the chicken fillets.
- Marinade the chicken for a minimum of half an hour at room, the marinade will break down (tenderise) the chicken and add great flavour.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a jar, put the lid on tightly and give a good shake to combine. ***Use the skin of the preserved lemon and discard the flesh.
- Pre heat the oven to 160C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay 6 slices of Prosciutto ham on the lines tray and bake in the oven for 7 minutes or so until crispy – may take a little less time or longer so keep an eye. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- At the same time place a handful of pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 4-5 minutes until slightly coloured. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat, when hot add the chicken fillets, cook for 5 minutes each side, transfer to a baking tray and finish off in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting assemble the salads.
- Slice the peaches, divide in half and then each half in 3 to 4 slices, shave the parmesan, these isn't an exact science to this! Place peaches and parmesan in a large bowl, add the salad leaves and a couple of tablespoons of dressing. Divide the salad between 4 large plates.
- Slice each chicken fillet and lay on top of the salad leaves, crumble the crispy Prosciutto over the chicken and sprinkle pine nuts on top. Serve with some sourdough toast.