Derry Clarke's seared hake, asparagus spears, mussel & tomato vinaigrette: Today
- 4 hake,175g filets skinned
- 12 asparagus spears (ends trimmed, blanched and cut in half)
- 200g conked mussels (keep conking liquid)
- 3 plum tomatoes (peeled, seeds removed and diced)
- 100ml olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 shallots peeled and diced
- 150ml white wine
- 150ml cream
- 100ml mussel cooking liquid
- 50g butter
- Mix the olive oil, white wine vinegar and the honey in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, add the cooked mussels, tomatoes, red onion and the taragon.
- Heat a saucepan over a moderate heat with a little vegetable oil, add the shallots and gently cook for 2 minutes, add the white wine and reduce by half, add the mussel liquid and reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper, add cream and asparagus, reduce till you have a sauce consistency, add the butter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, season the hake fillets and cock on the pan for 2/3 minutes each side.
- To serve: spoon asparagus sauce on plate, Hake an top and spoon over mussel vinaigrette garnish with lemon