- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onions, halved
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200ml white wine, or vegetable stock
- 400ml cream
- 200g cherry tomato, halved
- 8 Baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 12 asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp basil pesto, or wild garlic pesto
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan, over a high heat, drizzle some oil. Sear the chicken pieces until golden brown for 3-4 minutes, season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the shallots, garlic and carrots and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan juices. Add the cream , potatoes, tomatoes, lemon zest and herbs. season well.
- Bring to simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes over low heat until the chicken and vegetables are fully cooked. Taste and correct the seasoning if required.
- Once nearly ready to serve, add the asparagus, and let them simmer for 5 minutes to gently poach in the creamy mixture.
- Finally, just before serving, add the baby spinach leaves and toss to slightly wilt the leaves.
- in the last 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto and serve immediately with some tasty sourdough bread to mop the juices and fresh herbs.