- 1 pork fillet
- 3 tbs rapeseed oil
- 1 medium parsnip
- 225g button mushrooms , halved
- 2 tsp paprika
- 200ml sour cream
- 6 gherkins finely sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- Some chopped flat parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced and cut into batons
- Trim the pork fillet of its sinew and cut into 1cm slices at an angle then cut each slice into a 1cm strip.
- Peel and top the parsnip then cut to replicate the size of the pork as best you can.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok till gently smoking then add the Pork and the Parsnip. Cook for five minutes over a high heat till everything is golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and the paprika then cook for one more minute before adding the sour cream and gherkins. Add the lemon, parsley and season.
- Spoon onto warm plates with some rice then top artfully with the fresh apple.