Prep/Cook time: Approx 1.5 hours
- 500g minced beef
- 250g minced pork, you could even use sausage meat
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 120g Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 170g tomato ketchup or good BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 50g dried & fried onions - crushed
- Salt & pepper
- Green veg
- Onion gravy
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease a loaf tin with a little oil. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onions and garlic slowly until soft and allow to cool.
- Plaice the onions, beef, pork, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce & 2/3s of the ketchup or BBQ sauce in a bowl and combine. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon into the loaf tin. Combine the sugar and remaining sauce and spread out evenly over the loaf.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour until the meat is browned and cooked through. Drain the juices from the tin and allow sit for 5 minutes. Remove and slice the loaf carefully.
- Serve with hot mash, green vegetables and onion gravy.