- 25g butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 40g spinach
- 1 tsp thyme
- 200g puff pastry
- 100g smoked salmon, sliced
- 300g salmon, skin removed
- 1 Eggs, hard boiled, sliced
- 1 egg wash made of 1 egg yolk with1 tbsp milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350G/Gas Mark4.
- Over high heat, in a large pan, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and sauté for 2 minutes or until cook through. Add the spinach, toss in the vegetables and let the spinach wilt for a minute or so. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Next, on a lightly floured surface, Roll out two sheets of pastry, about 30 X 20 cm, and brush the surface with egg wash.
- Place one sheet of pastry on a layer of parchment paper and onto a baking tray.
- Place half of the fish in the centre of the pastry. Add the sliced smoked salmon, add the spinach and mushroom on to fish. top with the sliced boiled eggs .
- Lay the second piece of salmon onto the egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the top sheet of puff pastry on the salmon mixture and press lightly all round the border with a fork to seal the edges.
- Brush with egg wash again and leave to set in the fridge for 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge, and with the tip of a sharp knife, make very light incisions on the pastry to decorate.
- Transfer the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until coloured and cooked throughout. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes on a cutting board.
- Carefully carve two portions and serve with vegetables.